Wheel Set HOUFFA25
HOUFFA25 DELIVERY TIME: 4-7 DAYS
“Newcomer ZEAL turns in a great start, the HOUFFA wheel set is extreme light, top built, super-fast – and in the crash test very good as well”
TIP PRICE-PERFORMANCE Overall result: VERY GOOD (Mountainbike 07/2017)
Maximum acceleration right from the start. A steep and long climb followed by a rocky and very technical downhill section and finally a high-speed part in muddy conditions on the way back to the finish line. This is a typical description of a lap in a cross country race but this can also be read as a product requirement document for a cross country and marathon wheel set. Stiffness for optimum power transfer during acceleration, lightweight design for best climbing performance, resistant material and perfect controllability in tricky downhills and perfect rolling performance in combination with high-end seals to protect the bearing from environmental influences.
We had all these requirements in mind, when we developed the HOUFFA25 as the high-end 29” MTB race wheel in the ZEAL product range. And even though the name of the wheel pays homage to the World Cup races of yesterday in Houffalize, we were very aware of the increased technical demands of today’s cross country courses.
The 25 mm deep full carbon rim in UD finish weighs only 370g. A specific carbon lay-up provides lateral stiffness and vertical compliance. Due to the large internal width of 25 mm the hookless rim bed offers a perfect fit for the tire, which can consequently play off its full performance of grip, directional control and suspension.
Strong and very light straight pull bladed aero spokes from Sapim and the hand assembly by very experienced wheel builders and a special locking mechanism within the nipples make a further contribution to the stiff and durable high end wheel set. In order to resist the power of the strongest rider but also the dirt, mud and water of a typical MTB application, the Swiss Made hubs are equipped with a star ratchet freewheel, non-contact sealing and industrial bearing. The simple but very precise construction of the hubs allows maintenance without special tools and offers the highest flexibility regarding several axle configurations.
If you do not find your axle setup in the drop down on the right or if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
READY TO RIDE:
The READY TO RIDE idea is taking the product system approach to a new level.
Based on the ZEAL philosophy the HOUFFA25 R2R package includes:
- 1 HOUFFA25 front wheel
- 1 HOUFFA25 rear wheel
- 1 Set of quick releases (for QR standard hubs only*)
- 1 Schwalbe Rocket Ron Speedgrip, Snake Skin, TL Easy, 29x2,25 Tubeless Ready (front wheel)
- 1 Schwalbe Racing Ralph Speed, Snake Skin, TL Easy, 29x2,25 Tubeless Ready (rear wheel)
- 1 Pair of mounted Tubeless valves (R2R TUBELESS version)
- 1 Pair of mounted inner tubes
- 1 Pair of mounted Tubeless rim tape (clincher)
- 1 ZEAL wheel bag system with connectable bags
- Lightweight and stiff UD-carbon rim (only 370g)
- Hookless Rim bed for a more stable tire shape, that leads to a better cornering wheel and higher impact resistance of the rim.
- Laser engraved Swiss Made hubs in cooperation with DT Swiss
- Non-contact sealing and high end bearing for perfect rolling performance
- Durable and precise star ratchet freewheel system
- Straight pull bladed aero spokes (Made by Sapim)
- Nipples with a special locking mechanism (Made by Sapim)
- Hand laced and trued byexperienced wheel builders
- Available for almost all axle configurations, BOOST standard and even Sram/Rock Shox Predictive Steering or Cannondale Lefty / AI (Asymmetric Integration) on request.
Rim height:25 mm
Rim width int./ext.: 25 mm / 30 mm
Material rim: UD Carbon / High TG resin
Weight wheel set : 1,450 g (w/o QR, rim tape, tires,..)
Spoke count front wheel / rear wheel: 28/28
Spokes front wheel / rear wheel: Sapim CX Ray (front and NDS rear), Sapim CX (DS rear)
Nipples: Sapim Polyax Secure Lock Brass
Hubs: DT Swiss 240s straight pull
Disc Rotor mount: Center Lock or IS 6-hole
Max. rider/system weight: See info page for more details
Max. tire pressure: 65psi / 4,4 bar